Step by step process to how to link PAN card with aadhar, but firstly we need to understand why it’s important to link PAN with aadhar card.
Aadhar card is becoming more and more important with the passage of time. The government of India is declaring it mandatory to link your other service cards or accounts with aadhar card but the question is why? Why aadhar card is becoming more precious nowadays?
One of our honorable dignitaries of India has also said that in future our voting cards must be replaced by aadhar card.
The Income Tax Department has clearly stated that it’s compulsory to link your PAN with Aadhar card before 31st March 2020 or else your PAN must be declared inoperative. The last date of linking is 31st March 2020 if and only if the government of India doesn’t decide to extend the date. So, what makes the aadhar card that necessary .Before answering this question we should know what actually a PAN card is.
The word PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. PAN card takes the record of each and every transaction that has taken place from your each account. Having a PAN card is quite important these days.You need to have a PAN card in following cases:
- If your annual income is above 250000 then having PAN card is compulsory for you.
- If you want to buy a vehicle other than two-wheeler then PAN card is required.
- If you want to buy a flat that costs more than 1000000 then also you need PAN card.
- If you want to make a credit card then PAN card is needed.
- If you want to purchase or sell goods that costs over 200000 then again you need PAN card.
- If you want to travel to foreign and there you are making any transaction over 50000 then PAN card is required.
- If you are depositing more than 50000 in your account then PAN card is compulsory.
- If you want to pay life insurance premier more than 50000 then again you need PAN card.
- If you want to purchase shares of any company whose value is more than 100000 then PAN card is required.
- The most important need of PAN card is that you need it in case of filling income tax returns.
Now, the main question is why it’s important to link your PAN with aadhaar card. The answer of this little complex yet simple question is as follows:
Previously, you don’t need to have aadhar card to apply for PAN .Just because of this a huge problem arise that is “duplicacy”. People started making two or more PAN cards for a single user to get extra benefits.
After linking our PAN card with AAdhaar then there will be no chance of making another PAN card as every single person has only one and unique aadhar card based on his biometric and demographic data.
So there will be no chance of duplicacy and the benefit will reach to beneficiaries at an appropriate amount and it will also reduce corruption. It is a very pleasant move that is made by Income Tax Department of India.
The Income Tax Department has clearly stated that it’s compulsory to link your PAN with Aadhar card before 31st March 2020 or else your PAN must be declared inoperative. The last date of linking is 31st March 2020 if and only if the government of India doesn’t decide to extend the date.
To avoid all these circumstances, you should link your PAN with Aadhar for this you have to visit Income Tax Department’s e-filing portal and complete the whole procedure.
Step by Step Guide PAN card with Aadhar
- Go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in using any web browser.
- Now click on the “Link Aadhaar” option under “Quick Link” tab.(See Screenshot)
- Now fill your required information (PAN, Aadhar Number, Name as per Aadhar)
- If you have only birth year on your aadhaar card then tick the checkbox else ignore it.
- Fill the Captcha code.
- Click on “Aadhaar link.”
- To check the status of your linking process again open the “Link Aadhaar Status”
- Now click on “Check Status” and fill the required information.
- Click on “View link Aadhaar Status” and you will get the status.