- All the Indian citizens are eligible to apply for Aadhaar card
- NRIs as well as foreigners are also eligible if they have lived in the country for a continuous period of 182 days.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card:
- For Applicants above the age of 5:
- Go to the nearest aadhar enrolment centre.
- Fill the application form and submit the required documents.
- Complete the biometric process and get the acknowledgement receipt.
- For minor applicants(below 5 years age):
- Parents biometric details will be captured at the time of enrollment. When the child turns 15, he or she will have to visit the enrolment centre to update his/her biometric data.
- Parents have to provide their aadhar card along with all the documents at the enrollment centre.
“The aadhar card of minor applicants is known as ‘Baal Aadhar’”
Documents required during the process of enrollment:
- For minor applicants:
- Aadhar card of parents.
- Birth certificate of the applicant.
- For the applicants above the age of 5:
- Bonafied certificate or passport.
- Birth Certificate.
How to apply if you don’t have any document:
If you don’t have any document then relax you can still apply for aadhar. There are two ways to apply for aadhar if you don’t
have any document and they are listed below:
- Head of Family based: In this procedure you need to submit the aadhar card of the president of your family and a relationship proof with him/her.
- Introducer based: in this procedure you need to submit your information to the introducer present at aadhar enrollment centre.